NJspots is seeking a Marketing/Social Media Intern for the spring semester with flexible hours. You’ll work with the founder and project manager of NJspots to help maintain and grow our social audience, write feature stories for our website and learn the ins-and-outs of an online media startup.
Our ideal candidate loves all things New Jersey, can work independently once given a task and can work with our team to hash out new ideas for NJspots. We’re looking for someone who loves to get outside or take photos of that amazing sunset, but can also write a blog post about their adventures and manage their own website. But if you want to use us to help you learn these things — please apply!
During this internship, you will:
- Help the NJspots team maintain and grow our social presence on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram and think through strategies on how to grow our community
- Use WordPress to write lists articles and stories for the NJspots website
- Perform market research to help inform what we should (and shouldn’t!) be doing
- Create content for social platforms
- Meet with the NJspots team weekly (virtually)
- Other duties as assigned (or as you are interested in! We’re flexible)
- Interested in all things New Jersey (duh)
- Enrolled in media, communications, marketing, business, journalism, or similar major in New Jersey
- Has a general understanding of the web and social media
- Has a passion for developing and experimenting with new ideas on social media
- Is collaborative and not afraid to speak up
- Has the ability to work with Google Drive
- Photography knowledge is a plus, but not required
This is an unpaid internship, not for college credit. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. Apply below!