Find Night Photography Spots
Searching for the Milky Way? Explore these dark areas and perfect spots around New Jersey for your night photography. New Jersey is one of the most light-polluted areas in the country, but we do have a long shoreline that allows us to view the Milky Way. Also, with several rural areas, we have some great dark areas for night photography. These spots will allow you to capture the stars. We marked areas that are generally dark to allow for stargazing and also, specific locations for Milky Way & night scenes.
Want To Suggest A Spot? Use the Contact Form Below to suggest your favorite NJspots!
How To Use The Map:
- Want To See Different Spots? – Click the symbol on the side of the map to open the legend. Here you can choose from several different types of spots to display. Check or uncheck to view different spots.
- Want To Share Our Map? – Click the on the top right to share this map with your crew, adventure friends, or to your social networks.
- Want To See A Bigger Version?– Click the on the top right to open the map up in Google Maps for a bigger, full-screen version.
Explore our other maps:
- Top NJspots Map
- Waterfalls & Lookouts
- State Parks & Forests
- Lighthouses & Bridges
- Sunrise & Sunset Spots
- Camping & Hiking Spots
- Swimming & Dog-Swim Spots
- Mountain Biking & Kayak Spots
Read Our Photography Guides:
- Photo Guide: Astrophotography Part 1
- Astro Photography Part 2- Shooting the Milky Way
- How To Take Long Exposure Photos
- How To Organize & Plan Your Photo Spots
Submit Your Suggested Night Photo Spot